Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Autumn Colors

On the Easel:




















I wanted to do a "Fall Theme" painting for an upcoming show this month, but it appears the show was cancelled and I am left with a partially finished oil painting. Oh well. I will finish it off tonight by adding a reflection of the pumpkins underneath them and leave it at that.

This one is 16" x 20" oil paint on a 2" deep cradled birch wood panel. I actually had fun doing this one, playing with the texture and surface of the pumpkins against the dark background. I was trying to stick with my "Relationships" theme running through my work lately. I wanted the viewer to contemplate the relationship between these two...maybe metaphorically? I didn't want to just paint another still life painting of pumpkins. I have a name for this one already, but I will hold off telling until I finish it.

Problems with the EBSQ Website:

It appears the EBSQ website that I was using to catalogue my works has crashed and it sounds serious so I am not counting on them being able to recover all the information. (They now say they will be up and running again in 48 hours).

I first noticed a problem when I could not get onto the website, then when I went to my Ebay store and clicked on one of my listings, there was a big blank place where my image of my painting was supposed to be! I use the template provided on EBSQ to list my work on Ebay.ca. I eventually found out, through their blog, what had happened and there has been no further update since! Not a good sign.

For all my collectors, be assured that I will be scouting out a new hosting site for cataloguing my work and issuing a Certificate of Authenticity if EBSQ is not up and running soon!


Quote of the Day:

When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you,



till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer,


never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.

Harriet Beecher Stowe, 1811-1896 American Auther and Social Reformer

No comments:

Post a Comment