Friday, October 28, 2011

Back in the day!




Back in the Day - Work in progress.


I have always wanted to do a series of painting of old cars and trucks. I like those ones of old rusty heaps sitting out in vacant farmer's fields. I had taken some photos of some old antique cars at the local Fair last year and have been "itching" to use them in a painting since.
This truck remided me of the old "camp" truck we had when I was a kid. Our family owned and managed a KOA campground and the old trusty ugly green/blue truck was the work horse we used to pick up the pine needles and garbage throughout the tourist season.

Anyways, I like red better and I like the way the wind blows through the golden dry grasses in one direction and then the next.

My husband donated a kitchen cupboard door to paint it on. A left over from when he had a cabinet making business.

This painting will also be in the upcoming "Art Before Christmas Art Show and Sale" in St Thomas. See poster below;




Quote of the Day:

Have courage for the greatest sorrows of life and patience for the small ones, and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily tasks, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.


Victor Hugo, 1802-1885 French Poet and Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment