Thursday, October 20, 2011

Painting Cows


Two baby cows (calves) painting in progress.


I am thinking of calling this one "Best Friends". It is a 16" x 20" acrylic painting started on Terraskin (non-wood paper product). I start out with lightly drawing out the outline of the shapes in the composition then start laying thin layers of watered down acrylic paint onto the base. This is after 2 or 3 layers of thin washes of color.

I really like where this one's going and really hope I don't wreck it!

EBAY.CA

Only 3 days left for AUCTION items in my WWRC store! Don't miss out! I am not going to list them again at this Auction again! I have found another auction site I am going to try out. Will update you when its all up and running. It should save me some money in listing costs. Ebay has gotten just too expensive for most artists.


UPCOMING EVENTS

The big ART SHOW AND SALE in St Thomas is less than a week away and I still have to finish off two of the paintings I entered in it! Yikes! This is the St Thomas-Elgin Art Guild (STEAG) annual Art Show and Sale...best opportunity to see what local artists are creating and to collect!




Quote of the Day:

In our life there is a single color, as on an artist’s palette, which provides the meaning of life and art. It is the color of love. (Marc Chagall, 18870-1985 French Artist)




No comments:

Post a Comment