Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Big Art Show




I ended up having my own little section of 'Equine Art' as I was the only Equine Artist at the show.



This was my first STEAG (St Thomas-Elgin Art Guild) annual Christmas Art Show and I must say it was a fantastic experience! From the opening night on Friday to the closing on Sunday afternoon, there was reportedly a steady stream of people through the doors into the exhibition! It was so great to be a part of and I watched as all these artists (people) came together and worked together like a 'well oiled machine' to put on this huge show. There were over 30 artists involved, including several photographers. I thought it was just so neat to see everyone working together like we were 'one'. Everyone supported each other and explained how to do things (for us newbies). Everyone pitched in and volunteered their time. I was exhausted by the end of the weekend but it was all good.

I learned on Sunday that I had sold a piece and, well, what can I say, it felt pretty good.

I can't say enough about the venue too. It is a historical building (Train Station) that is being restored to its original appearance. There is a bit of a museum at one end of the ground floor and the other end is the 'Grand Room' where the show was held. I think I heard that the guild has reserved this venue again for the next 2 years.

I am planning on submitting a couple pieces of work to the Lambeth Invitational Christmas Show on Saturday, so we will see if any get approved.

I am now back to the easel and working on two new pieces (I posted previously). Oh and another angel piece in oil on wood for this year's Christmas cards.

Oh, and I plan on joining Daily Paintworks Art Sales website beginning in December, so keep an eye out for that. I will post links to my gallery page once its up and running.


Here is the link to the EBSQ gallery site that is featuring this blog this week! Very excited and honoured to be asked to do that interview! I have also added them to my "Things of Interest" list on the right of this page.

And in local news; I just found out that there is a new gallery opening up in Port Stanley, Ontario. Here is the link; The Art Emporium and they are still calling for new artists. They hope to be opening March 1st, 2012. I think they may have a few spots still open.

Quote of the Day:

Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself. Praise is no part of it, for nothing is made worse or better by praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment