Saturday, February 18, 2012

Amish Country

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.”

― Martin Luther King Jr.

Sunday Drive - Acrylic on 9" x 12" stretched canvas. Still a work in progress (on the easel).
 
I know, I know, not exactly a boat, is it?
 
But I could apply my criminal law definition of a boat which is a 'vessel' which could include a motor vehicle under the Canadian Criminal Code....so why not a horse and buggy?!
 
I snapped this photo (this is a cropped version) on our way back from the Bruce Peninsula last August. I added a red hue to it myself (artistic licence). Still in the works; want to push back the roadway and trees up ahead and add more details to the back of the buggy and horse etc. to create more depth. I do like how its coming along. Was not so sure a few paint strokes back if I could pull this one together!
 
This one will not be for sale right away as I plan on submitting it to a juried art show coming up soon! But if you are interested, you can put a deposit down on it with the understanding that you might not get it until mid April if it is accepted into the show.
 
 
 
 
Next post will about the horse tack swap we just attended today (couple of really good commission prospects) and met some great horsey people in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment