Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Working the Landscapes


"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant".


Robert Louis Stevenson
 


Belmont Marker - acrylic on paper


Just trying to work out some ideas for a group of landscapes of farms. This one is of an old farmstead near Belmont just southeast of London. I am working on a small scale right now, on paper and in acrylic, just to get some compositions. Then when I have a couple I like, I will rework them in oil on canvas in larger format. These will be auctioned off on Ebay later.

There is something beautiful about these old barns and golden fields of corn and soy fields in the fall. I am also attracted to the old stone foundations and silos. When I lived in British Columbia, I had the mountains...in South Western Ontario, I have the tall silos : )

I think it is the textures combined with the colors that intrigue me and challenge me to portray.

No comments:

Post a Comment