Monday, March 5, 2012

Doing your best now..

is the best preparation for the future.




"Sufficient to today are the duties of today. Don't waste life in doubts and fears; spend yourself on the work before you; well assured that the right performance of this hour's duties will be the best preparation for the hours or ages that follow it". 

(Ralph Waldo Emerson)

video

Here is a short clip showing transitions every few hours so far with this painting. Its the first time I have done this and finding it to be interesting myself!

It is definitely tougher to do a painting  knowing that it must succeed and will be you main piece in a showing of your work! I fight the temptation to put myself under too much pressure and work against perfectionism. I want this to be an expression of the photo I am depicting...not realistic, but representational. I want a mood to develop; some emotion. Will work on it some more this afternoon, painting in oil now...no more acrylic under painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment