Saturday, April 14, 2012

Let Your Light Shine

From the sketch book


Light Shine - Graphite drawing

This is a graphite drawing I did from a photograph. I try to show the shapes created by the light source shining on the surface of the subject. I used stronger lines than usual as an exercise in making the lines look stronger.

I used to get picked on in art class as not being confident with my lines. They would look like a bunch of little lines to make one line (which is fine too). According to some, it looked as if I was not sure of myself, although this was not the case.  But you know those "superficial" people I referred to in the previous post...I had a few as art instructors in my teens. However, there is such a thing as a 'line drawing' and this is different than a 'sketch'. A sketch is loose and free-like, where a line drawing is more precise and, well, "linear". The above drawing is part line drawing and partly showing tones or shades.

Anyhow, I just wanted to share some of my drawings, sketches and ink drawings in my sketchbook.

Here is another one;

Sepia ink sketch - River Otter

It just so happens that we live on the "Big Otter Creek" in South Western Ontario, although, sadly, the River Otters died out years ago.



"A #2 pencil and a dream can take you anywhere". Joyce Myers


No comments:

Post a Comment